Healthy Smoothie Recipes
The best thing about these Healthy Smoothie Recipes is that they make it easy to add fruits, vegetables, and green leafy vegetables to your diet.
Smoothies are the best drink that comes to mind when we think about a nutritional diet. There are so many smoothie recipes available and it’s pretty easy to make them healthy and delicious. Learning to make smoothies isn’t that difficult, once you find it interesting, you will surely try making different smoothies as per your taste and choice.
The ingredients we use in smoothies are the reason these drinks are known as wholesome meals. You can skip your regular breakfast with these nutritious smoothies and still keep yourself healthy and energetic all day long.
These Healthy Smoothie Recipes are always a good option because they contain nutritious properties that are important for healthy living.
These drinks also help you in losing weight and keeping you turn up with a feel of energy. The only thing you need to take care of is that if you are allergic to any fruit or vegetable or any ingredient – just skip it – substitute it with other natural ingredients.
In this article, we will learn how to make smoothies. Let’s start with the most popular and healthy smoothie recipes.
1 – Green Smoothie
Many people wonder “Are smoothies good for weight loss”. Yes, this green smoothie will help if added to the weight loss routine. Let’s prepare our healthy green smoothie.
|Spinach – 2 cupsMango – 1 cup
Pineapple – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
- Toss 2 cups of leafy greens into a blender and add water
- Blend until a smooth puree
- Add bananas, pineapple, mango, and blend again until a smooth puree
- Pour into your favorite mason jar and garnish with your favorite toppings
- Serve chilled and sip like a star
The best thing about green smoothies is their capacity for experimentation. It is quite simple to add your favorite green vegetable and other fruits. Simply add what you like and drink it like a rockstar.
2 – Banana Smoothie
If you are a banana lover then this recipe is for you. You must have drink banana shake – try this smoothie this time for a change. Let’s get the directions for this smoothie recipe.
|Bananas- 1Orange – ½ Peeled
Greek Yogurt – 1/3 cup
Honey – 2 tbsp
Water/Milk – ¼ cups
- Chop bananas and oranges roughly and add to blender
- Add yogurt, water/milk, and blend until creamy smooth
- Taste the sweetness and adjust with honey if required
- Pour in a glass jar and top with Chocó chips
- Serve fresh and chilled and enjoy
I hope you will love this less than a five-minute recipe. You can also try it as a base for other smoothies. Also, feel free to change the toppings as per your taste.
3 – Mango Smoothie
The best thing about summers is the – Mango. Many of us go mad after mangos because “why not – it’s the only time of year to taste the best fruit on earth”. This is the best smoothie recipe for big-time mango lovers. Let’s get the directions.
|Mangos (Fresh & Frozen)- 2Banana – 1
Dairy-Free Milk – ½ cup
Dairy-Free Yogurt – ½ cup
- Peel the mango and chop the soft part into rough chunks
- Chop the banana into 2-3 pieces too
- Put together all the ingredients and blend in high-speed
- Blend until creamy smooth and pour into a mason jar
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled
People may have a different opinion about mangos but this recipe is solely for mango lovers. You can make this recipe with or without dairy-milk and can also add coconut yogurt.
4 – Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Strawberries and bananas make a great combination when it comes to counting nutritional values. This wholesome banana strawberry smoothie recipe is super nutritious and easy. You will surely love preparing this healthy smoothie recipe. Let’s dive into the process.
|Fresh Strawberries- 2 cupsBanana (Frozen) – 1
Dairy-Free Milk – ½ cup
Dairy-Free Yogurt – ½ cup
- Cut banana and strawberries into rough pieces
- Add strawberries and banana and blend until chunk free creamy
- Pour milk and yogurt and blend again until smooth
- Pour in your glass/jar and garnish with strawberry wedges
- Serve chilled and Fresh
This strawberry banana smoothie is sweet enough to give you energy for all daily chores. Have this smoothie at breakfast and do your favorite things all day long. Enjoy!!
Get more information about the Top 10 Vegan Breakfast Recipes In The UK
5 – Strawberry Smoothie
This is the sweetest and easiest smoothie I’ve ever tried, and one of the Healthy Smoothie Recipes. This thick and creamy smoothie recipe needs only 3 ingredients to make. Let start with the best and simple smoothie.
|Frozen Strawberries- 3 cupsDairy-Free Milk – 1 ½ cup
Strawberry Jam – 1/3 cup
- Put together the frozen strawberries, milk, and strawberry jam in a blender
- Blend until a smooth and creamy texture
- Pour in your favorite glass and top with freshly cut strawberries
- Serve chilled and enjoy the after taste slowly
You can find this smoothie commonly in all the restaurants because people are switching to healthy drinks than sodas. And strawberries are everyone’s favorite. Sweeten-up your day with this fresh strawberry smoothie. Enjoy!!
6 – Avocado Smoothie
A simple, delicious, thick, and healthy smoothie recipe for breakfast. Try this Avocado Smoothie.
|Large Avocado- ½Cold Milk – 1 ½ cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 tbsp
Sweetener of Your Choice
Slat – 1/8 tbsp
- Peel avocado finely, discard the pit, and chop roughly
- Blend all the ingredients until ice-cream like shake
- Add ice cubes if needed and serve cold
This secretly healthy smoothie is so unbelievably delicious. Add your favorite topping and enjoy the drink.
7 – Blueberry Smoothie
The blueberry smoothie is one of my favorite healthy smoothies. The ingredients of this smoothie are the answers to your question “what are the healthiest things to put in a smoothie”. Let’s dig into the recipe.
|Frozen Blueberries- 2 cupsFrozen Banana – 1
Coconut Water – 2 cup
Greek Yogurt – ½ cup
Flax Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Blend blueberries and banana with coconut water until creamy
- Add yogurt and flax seeds and blend again for 30 seconds until smooth
- Pour in your favorite mason jar and sip slowly to enjoy the after taste
This smoothie will help in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Try this refreshing smoothie as your go-to-breakfast drink. Also, store it in the refrigerator to have later.
8 – Fruit Smoothie
Fruit Smoothie is not just throwing all the fruits into a blender for taste but it can help you losing weight also. This tasty and healthy smoothie is the perfect answer to “What can I add to my smoothie to lose weight?”
|Strawberries – 1 cupFrozen Banana– 1
Peaches – 2
Orange – ½ cup
Mango – ½ cup
Ice Cubes if Needed
- Peel and Chop all the fruits roughly
- Toss all the ingredients into a blender and blend until pureed
- Add ice cubes t chill and desired consistency and blend again
- Pour into jars and add your favorite fruit wedges
- Serve cold and sip to enjoy
Experiment with your favorite fruits and enjoy this healthy and nutritious fruit smoothie recipe. Have a healthy day ahead!!
9 – Watermelon Smoothie
Have you ever thought about “how to make smoothies” with watermelon? If yes, then here we come up with the recipe. Let’s prepare.
|Frozen Cubed Watermelon – 2 cupsWater – 1 cup
Honey or Sweetener to taste – 1 tbsp
Mint/Basil leaves – For Toppings
- Add watermelon cubes and water into the mixer and blend until smooth
- Add honey or sweetener and blend again for slushy consistency
- Pour into glasses and top with mint or basil leaves
- Serve Cold and Enjoy
This is a must-drink smoothie in the summers. Try it with your favorite toppings and stay healthy.
10 – Pineapple Smoothie
This tropical combination of pineapple and other fruits is a great snack for breakfast time. Let’s try this quick, refreshing, and nutritious smoothie recipe. You can give us your opinion if it is the best of these Healthy Smoothie Recipes.
|Frozen Pineapple Chunks – 2 cupsBanana – 1
Pineapple Juice – 1 ½ cups
Vanilla Greek Yogurt – ¾ cup
Mint/Basil Leaves – To Garnish
Pineapple Wedges – To Garnish
- Toss Pineapple Chunks, Banana pieces, pineapple juice, and yogurt into the mixer
- Blend until a smooth creamy texture
- Pour into glasses and garnish with mint/basil leaves
- Top with pineapple wedges and serve cold
Pineapple has less calorie count and natural weight-loss properties. So, this recipe will support your health for good. Try the pineapple smoothie with different toppings for a change of taste. Also, try adding Chia or Flax Seeds or Spinach as per your taste and health requirements. Enjoy!!
11 – Kiwi Smoothie
This kiwi fruit smoothie is the simplest smoothie recipe. You can try this smoothie with your favorite fruits including Kiwi and preferred toppings.
|Peeled and roughly chopped Kiwi – 3Medium ripe frozen bananas – 2
Frozen Blueberries – 1 cup
Yogurt (fat-free) – 1 cup
Almond Extract – ¼ tbsp
Honey – 3 tbsp
Crushed Ice – 1 ½ cup
- Combine all the fruits and yogurt and blend until a creamy texture
- Add honey and almond extract if needed and stir
- Add crushed ice for desired consistency and blend again
- Pour into glasses and serve chilled with your favorite toppings
This fresh kiwi smoothie can start a day outright. You can try it with your children to perk up in the afternoon. You will all love it for sure!!
12 – Peach Smoothie
If you are wondering how to make smoothies that are nutritious and made with just a few ingredients then this peach smoothie will end your curiosity. Let’s start with the recipe.
|Roughly chopped Peaches – 3Milk – 1 ½ cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 tbsp
Yogurt – 1 cup
Chia Seeds – 1 tbsp
Sweetener if needed
Cinnamon and Ground Ginger to Sprinkle
- Toss peaches, milk, vanilla extract, and yogurt into a blender and blend until smooth
- Taste and add natural sweetener if needed and blend again
- Pour into two separate jars and add Chia seeds
- Cover with lids and shake until well combined
- Sprinkle cinnamon and ground ginger and serve cold
You will have this healthy smoothie recipe in just a few minutes. Enjoy!!
13 – Papaya Smoothie
A healthy tropical papaya smoothie is nutritious and perfect for breakfast. as the same as Healthy Smoothie Recipes, this irresistible smoothie is super-creamy, delicious, and easy to make. We will show you how to make smoothies with papaya. Let’s learn.
|Frozen Papaya Cubes – 2 cupChilled Milk – ¾ cup
Yogurt – ½ cup
Honey – 3 tbsp
Crushed Ice – 1 ½ cup
- Combine all the ingredients into a mixer and blend until creamy
- Add honey if needed and stir again
- Pour into glasses and top with mint/basil leaves
- Serve chilled and enjoy
This smoothie recipe will give you a refreshing taste. Papaya smoothies do wonders for health and are known as the best post-workout drink. Try it regularly and see its magic in your body.
14 – Strawberry and Banana Smoothie
Strawberries and bananas are the all-time favorites of many of us especially the children. This sweet smoothie will sweeten up your day and mood. Let’s learn how to make smoothies with strawberries and bananas.
|Frozen Strawberries – 2 cupsFrozen Banana – 1
Non-dairy milk – 1 cup
Crushed Ice – 1 cup
- Put banana, strawberries, and milk together in a blender
- Process until smooth chunk-free texture
- Add crushed ice and blend again till desired consistency
- Pour into your favorite glasses and top with additional wedges
- Serve Chilled and Enjoy
This classic smoothie recipe is super flexible to get creative and play around with ingredients. Feel free to add your favorite toppings and smoothie boosters for a satisfying taste.
15 – Oat Smoothie
Have you ever questioned: “How do you make a healthy smoothie”. Here we have the right answer for you – Oat Smoothie. Let’s prepare this healthy smoothie recipe.
|Oats – ¼ cupFrozen bananas – 1
Almond Milk – ½ cup
Peanut Butter – 1 tbsp
Maple Syrup– ½ tbsp
Vanilla Extract – ½ tbsp
Cinnamon- ½ tbsp
Kosher Salt – 1/8 tbsp
Crushed Ice – 1 ½ cup
- Toss the oats in a food processor and process until a fine powder
- Add all other ingredients and process until a smooth and creamy texture
- Taste and add natural sweetener if needed
- Add crushed ice for desired consistency
- Serve Chilled in jars and garnish with your favorite toppings
- Enjoy your breakfast
Oats breakfast smoothie recipe is necessary for morning cravings. This fuelling meal is the best option for a healthy day ahead.
Preparing these healthy smoothies recipes, are fun. You can change your smoothie tastes each day – just add your favorite things. Try the above smoothie recipes and enjoy a healthy living.
Here we are sharing some additional info and important tips that you will need. Check our secret notes to follow in making healthy smoothie recipes.
- Always follow a proper formula – 60% fruits + 20% Vegetable + 20% Liquid
- Avoid Ice Cubes – Instead, use extra chilled fruits and leafy vegetables
- Blend the ingredients step-by-step and use natural sweeteners
- Use dairy or non-dairy yogurt and milk as per choice
- If allergic to any fruit or vegetable then substitute it with any of your favorites
- Make smoothies ahead of time and freeze to have later
- Shake well before serving and sip slowly
- Use glass or stainless steel straws
Smoothies are yummy and delicious drinks. You can easily make them at home because the ingredients are simple. Once you add smoothies to your routine, there is no going back to sodas or other unhealthy drinks.
Follow the above-mentioned tips and power up your Healthy Smoothie Recipes for better flavors and nutritional values. Enjoy your day with great smoothies!!